1. What are some of the incentives that I can get when joining this programme?
- 10 years visa with multiple and exit from the country.
- Participants are allowed to purchase any number of residential properties worth RM1,000,000 and above (terms & conditions applies according to respective states)
- Participants can consider either to import one car which belongs to him personally from his own country subject to approved permit, which is exempted from payment of import duty, excise duty and sales tax OR purchase one locally made car in Malaysia, which is exempted from payment of excise duty and sales tax.
- Participants are allowed to bring in one domestic helper or maid from a country which has been approved by the government.
2. Which banks am I required to place my fixed deposit with?
Fixed deposit can be made at any foreign or local financial institutions in Malaysia.
3. When can I withdraw my fixed deposit?
Participants can withdraw their fixed deposit after 1 year period for approved expenses, such as house purchase, children’s education, and medical purposes.
4. Do I need to get an approval to withdraw my fixed deposit?
Yes. Participants must get a prior approval from Ministry of Tourism before they proceed to withdraw the fixed deposit.
5. Can I withdraw my entire fixed deposit if I want to terminate my stay in Malaysia under the MM2H Programme.
Yes, provided the participants get a prior approval from the Ministry of Tourism.
6. What is the time period that I have to wait for my application to be approved?
If all the documents are complete upon submission, it takes about minimum 90 days for the application to be processed.
7. Can I seek employment under the MM2H Programme?
Qualified MM2H participants aged 50 and above with specialised skills and expertise that are required in the critical sectors of the economy, are allowed to work not more than 20 hours per week.
8. Can I purchase a property in Malaysia be considered as having fulfilled the financial criteria for this programme?
No. Participants are required to fulfill the fixed deposit requirement, as the purchase of a house is not compulsory under this programme.
9. I am married to a Malaysian. Can I join this programme?
Foreign spouses of Malaysian nationals are eligible to apply for MM2H, subject to the terms and conditions of the MM2H programme. Alternatively, they have the option to apply for the Spouse Programme.
10. I am over 50 years old? Can you clarify further on the definition of “Monthly off – Shore Income “.
To fulfill the ” Monthly off – Shore Income ” criteria, only applicants who are drawing from Government Approved Funds will be considered.
11. Can foreign students continue their studies in Malaysia?
Yes. In Malaysia, there are many international schools, colleges, and universities with international standards.