Participants of Malaysia My Second Home Programme are provided with various incentives to make their stay more comfortable and enjoyable in Malaysia.

House Purchase

House Purchase - Landed HouseProperty Purchase - Hi-Rise

Please be informed that property purchase is not a pre-requisite for participating in MM2H programme.

Any foreigner may purchase any number of residential property in Malaysia, subject to the minimum rates established for foreigners by the different states. They start from RM1,000,000 per unit for most states, effective 1st January 2015. Land is a state matter and it is important to check state laws before making any commitment, as the minimum purchase price is not standardised between states.

Please refer the list below:

List of minimum price for purchase a property

We advise buying homes which are already issued with
Certificate of Completion and Compliance (ccc) but if you intend to purchase from developers, ensure that it is a reputable company.

Profits made on the sale of property is subjected to current Real Property Gains Tax rate set by the Government of Malaysia.

1st year – 5 th year : 30%
6th year and above : 10%


Domestic Helper

Domestic helper


Each applicant is allowed to apply for one maid subject to the prevailing guidelines of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.


international school malaysia

Applicants are allowed to bring their children who are under 21 years old and not married as their dependents under this programme.

Children who intend to continue their schooling in Malaysia are required to apply for a Student Pass and should be insured throughout their stay under this programme.


Participants are bound by the policies, systems and regulations of taxes of this country and they do not have exemption qualifications as granted to Diplomatic Missions in Malaysia.

However, tax exemption is given to pension remitted into Malaysia. Participants are required to obtain the endorsement from the Authorities in their country of origin as to the total amount of yearly pension received. A copy of this letter has to be submitted in their application.